Livestream is a live broadcasting service to enable organizations to share experiences through live video. This bundle features a shortcode that will embed a Livestream video directly into the body content of a page or block.
This bundle requires a subscription to the Livestream service.
Note: Request the Livestream bundle before you start the tutorial. Since the Livestream bundle is part of the Request bundles group, when you request this bundle, our team will confirm with you that you have a Livestream account.
Tip: You will find a list of shortcodes by clicking "More information about text formats" at the bottom right under the WYSIWYG editor.
Locate Embed Code Elements
- Click the small share icon on the video page in the top left corner.
- Select the embed tab and click the 'more options' link.
To make the video accessible on your site, you must un-enable the autoplay option. People using screen-readers navigate by listening, so any sound playing when the page loads will interfere immensely.
- Toggle the option "Autoplay on page load" to off before you copy the embed code.
Insert Livestream Shortcode
- Place your cursor in the Body content area where you want the stream to appear.
- Place the livestream embed elements for your video into the shortcode: ID, Account and Event
You will need to read the embed code and extract the ID number, account number and event number and insert these in the shortcode.
- This is an example of the shortcode format and how the code will look:
[livestream id="Embed code ID" account="Embed code Account" event="Embed code Event" /]
Example with ID number, account number and event numbers inserted in the shortcode
[livestream id="12345678910" account="12345678" event="1234567" /]