Create breadcrumb navigation for Articles
The Article content type does not have the option to place the content in the site navigation. All article URL paths fall under the homepage of a site by default. If you would like to create breadcrumb navigation on your articles so the URL path falls under a section of your site, the News page for example, you will need to create a context to do this.
Note: you must enable the Advanced Design bundle or Advanced Layout bundle to use context.
Select a Context
- Go to the Express toolbar and select Structure.
- Select Context from the list of options.
- Click + Add to create a new context.
- Configure the Context fields:
- Name (required): the name must be all lowercase and contain no spaces.
- Tag (optional): if you create a lot of contexts, this will help organize them on the context overview page.
- Description (optional): this will describe the context on the overview page.
Set a Condition
- Choose Node type from the <Add a condition> drop-down.
- Select the box next to Article.
Add the Reaction to Blocks
- Scroll down to the Reactions section and choose Breadcrumb from the <Add a reaction menu> drop-down.
- Select the menu item you would like to be the parent item for article content.
Save the Context
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.