Slider Blocks are rotating images that add color and interest to your page. The small slider works well in the sidebar of internal pages.
Demo: Slider Block
Create a Slider Block
- Go to the Shortcuts toolbar and select Blocks.
- Click on Add Block at the top of the page.
- Select Slider from the list of options.
Add Slider Label and Title
- Label: a name used to uniquely identify the block.
- Title (optional): a title that will display above the Slider Block when placed on a page.
Note: See Web Express Core Blocks: Slider for examples of the different slider sizes and styles.
Size refers to the size of the image.
- Slider Ultra Wide (cropped): the image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 1160x430 pixels.
- Widescreen (16x9 cropped): the image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 1160x650 pixels.
- Large (3x2 cropped): the image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 1160x770 pixels.
- Original (uncropped): the image will not be cropped. The slider will resize itself depending on the sizes of the images.
Note: The system uses a clever algorithm to figure out what and where to crop. Do the cropping yourself for maximum control of your slider image.
Style refers to the style of the text.
- Bottom Content Overlay: text overlays the bottom of the image.
- Right Side Content Overlay: text overlays the right side of the image.
- Center Content Overlay: text overlays in the center of the image.
- Right Side Content: text is placed to the right of the image.
- Bottom Content: text is placed at the bottom of image.
Configure Slide Tabs
Fill out the three tabs: Image, Slide Text (optional) and Link (optional).
- Click Add another item to add as many slides as you want.
- Reorder the image slides by dragging the crosshairs up or down.
- Click Save.
Place Slider Block
Slider Blocks work just like other blocks and can be placed in one of the various Content/Layout Regions on the site page.
Related: How to Place Blocks