Collection Grid Block
The Collection Grid block provides a simple way to display collection item pages that can be filtered based on the collection categories selected. Start by creating your collection item pages. For example, you could create a collection type for all your "Computer Science" program courses and create collection categories such as "Majors, Minors, and Certificates". Visitors may then filter the content to just view the courses for Computer Science majors.
Note: you must enable the Collections bundle to use this block.
Demo: Collection Grid Block
Add a Collections Grid Block
- Go to the Shortcuts toolbar and select Blocks.
- Click on Add Block at the top of the page.
- Select Collection Grid from the list of options.
Add Collections Grid Block Label and Title
- Label: a name used to uniquely identify the block.
- Title (optional): this displays above the Collection Grid block when placed on a page.
- Type: Select the Collection Type you would like to display in the collection grid. You must add all types of collections you want to display in the collection grid. If you leave a type off of the list, it won't display in the grid even if it is tagged with a category that is included
- Label: An expandable set of filters. Add a Category label so users may filter by different categories.
- Category: Select the Collection Categories you would like to display in the collection grid. Selecting more than one category will automatically add a filter for the displayed items.
- Background Image: When you have a category label, you have the option to add a background image. Be sure the color contrast between the image and text is accessible.
- Multiselect: Choosing multi item select will allow the user to select multiple items to filter the collection list. The resulting items must contain all filters selected.
- Display Summary: Choose to show or hide the Collection Item summary
- Filter Effects: Select how filtered items are displayed for desktop and tablet users. The remove option is applied for mobile users regardless of the setting.