Content Sequence Block - Simple
Display a time-based sequence of content such as important dates or milestones. Simple Content Sequence blocks may display either horizontally or vertically on a page.
Note: you must enable the Content Sequence bundle to use this block.
Demo: Content Sequence
Create a Content Sequence
- Go to the Shortcuts toolbar and select Blocks.
- Click on Add Block at the top of the page.
- Select Content Sequence from the list of options.
Configure Simple Content Sequence
- Label: a name used to uniquely identify the block.
- Title (optional): this displays above the Content Sequence block when placed on a page.
- Display: select Simple Horizontal or Simple Vertical from the Display drop-down (Advanced Timeline is covered in another tutorial).
- Advanced Settings: these fields only apply to advanced timelines (see the Advanced Timeline tutorial).
Add Sequence Content
Each content sequence section is called a Slide. A basic sequence would consist of the required elements which are titles and body content. Adding images and videos are optional.
- Scroll down to the Sequence Content section.
- Title tab: enter the the Title (required) and Link (optional).
- Content tab: enter the body content (required). If the body content is left blank you will receive an error message when you save the block.
- Image: you may add an image. Upload the image and provide alternative text (files must be less than 256 MB. Allowed file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg. Images must be smaller than 2000x2000 pixels.)
- Video: you may add a video to the slide. Enter the url of a Vimeo or YouTube video.
Note: Videos have priority. If you uploaded an image and already have a video URL on a slide, the video will display on the slide and not the image.
- Group tab: this field only apply to advanced timelines (see the Advanced Timeline tutorial).
- Date tab: dates and times are optional for simple timelines. You may add a unique name to each slide such as "Step One" in the Display Date field. If you leave the Display Date field empty the sequence items are numbered.
- Click Add another item to add more slides.
- Click Save.
Place Simple Content Sequence
Content Sequence blocks work just like other blocks and can be placed in one of the various Content/Layout Regions on the site page.
Related: How to Place Blocks