Analyze visitor traffic and get a better picture of your reader's needs with Google Analytics.
Establish G Suite Account
CU Boulder uses Google Suite (G Suite) which allows staff, faculty and students to use their colorado.edu email address with CU login name ( CULoginName@colorado.edu) and IdentiKey password at https://accounts.google.com/ or any core G Suite login page (such as google analytics).
Although Google asks for your “Email”, the system cannot support the use of your first.last @colorado.edu as a username. Instead, you must use your Identikey CULoginName (e.g. email@example.com) to log into the service. Once you are in the system you can use your preferred email address (usually first.last @colorado.edu) to share resources.
Log into Google Analytics
Note: If you need to reclaim access to your Google Analytics account, please follow the steps in Google's help documentation.
Enter Your Information
Next you get to a page with options for setting up your new account:
- What would you like to track: A website.
- Tracking method: Universal.
- Account name: Your Department Name.
- Website name: Your Website Name.
- Website URL: Your Website URL (http://www.colorado.edu/your-site-name).
- Industry Category: your choice.
- Data sharing: your choice.
Note: You can use your hashed URL (the one that looks like www.colorado.edu/p12345xyz987) or you can wait till you get your real URL. They both point to the same website.
Get Tracking ID
After submitting the above, click Get Tracking ID. Agree to the Terms of Service. You’ll be taken to a new page that shows your Google Analytics UA number. The number will look something like this: UA-12345678-1.
Configure Your Web Express Site
- After you've logged in to your Web Express site, go to the Express toolbar and select Settings.
- Select Google Analytics from the list of options.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account ID/UA number.
- Click Save configuration.