Place Blocks with Context
Placing blocks with context allows you to place blocks on multiple pages throughout your site. This feature will save you time when you need to place a block or blocks sitewide or on all content with a section of your site.
Note: To place blocks on individual pages on your site, it's best to place blocks via Edit Layout.
- Placing a "Latest Articles" block on all articles in the site.
- Placing a "Social Links" block in the footer of the site.
Note: you must enable the Advanced Layout bundle to use this feature.
Select a Context
Set a Condition
For new contexts only, you'll need to set the condition under which the block will appear. The most often used conditions are Path and Menu.
- Path: attaches the block to single pages. This is the URL of the page. It's best to use the node number of the page if you can.
- Menu: attaches the block to entire sections of the site map. Select your section from the list.
- Choose one of these from the <Add a condition> drop-down.
Add the Reaction to Blocks
- Scroll down to the Reactions section and choose Blocks from the <Add a reaction menu> drop-down.
Add a Block to a Region
Save the Context
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.