Using Context is a powerful way to manage multiple display actions on a site. For example, use context to add and display reusable blocks of content on your site.
Some examples of using context are:
- How to place a block on every page of your site
- How to place an Articles by Person Block on person pages
- How to create breadcrumb navigation for articles
- How to place a block on all pages within a section of your site
- How to add a page title image or site background image
- How to place a large CU Search block on the default 403/404 error page.
Note: you must enable the Advanced Design bundle or Advanced Layout bundle to use context.
Navigate to the Context Overview Page
- Go to the Express toolbar and select Structure.
- Select Context from the list of options.
- Click + Add to create a new context.
Configure Context Fields
- Name (required): the name must be all lowercase and contain no spaces.
- Tag (optional): if you create a lot of contexts, this will help organize them on the context overview page.
- Description (optional): this will describe the context on the overview page.
Add a Condition
Create a condition for your context. An example would be to select Path to create a context for a specific page, such as placing a block on that page. Enter the node number in the path field.
Related: Find the node number of content .
- Menu: use to create a reaction for pages under a certain menu section of the site.
- Node type: use to create a reaction for a particular content type such as articles.
- Taxonomy: use to create a reaction for site content that is tagged in some way.
- Path: use to create a reaction for particular pages on a site.
Add a Reaction
Add a reaction for the condition. For example, you can add specific blocks to a page, a page title image or hide a region.
- Backstretch: use to place an image behind the site content that will fill the browser space.
- Blocks: use to place blocks in certain sections or on specific pages of the site.
- Breadcrumbs: typically used to create breadcrumb navigation for person or articles nodes.
- Social Media Share Links: choose which pages the social share links will display.
- Page Title Image: use to place an image behind the page title.
Save the Context
Scroll to the bottom and click Save.