Social Sharing Links
Social sharing links are links on your page to help and encourage your site's visitors to share your site's content through social media. When configuring the Social Sharing Settings you should think about what sort of pages are more likely to be shared. An article announcing a new program or research project is probably going to be shared more than your about page. These links should appear only on the types of pages that are likely to be shared. The links will never display on the site home page.
Note: you must enable the Social Media bundle to use this feature.
Demo: Social Sharing Links
Configure Social Share Settings
- Go to the Express toolbar and select Settings.
- Select Social Share Settings from the list of options.
Choose Which Links Should Appear
- Click the Enabled checkbox next to each type of link you would like to appear (Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, E-mail).
- Click and drag the crosshairs to reorder the links.
Choose Where the Links Should Appear on the Page
- In the Positions Settings section, choose where the links/sharing icons will be displayed on a page:
- None: hides the links.
- Left Side (desktop)/ Below Title (mobile): links will display on the left side of the window when viewed on a desktop, or below the title when viewed on a mobile device.
- Left Side (desktop)/ Below Content (mobile): links will display on the left side of the window when viewed on a desktop, or below the page content when viewed on a mobile device.
- Below Title: links will display below the title on desktop and mobile devices.
- Below Content: links will display below the title on desktop and mobile devices.
Choose What Pages the Links Should Appear On
- In the Pages section, choose which pages the links/sharing icons will be displayed on.
Note: If you need more advanced control of where the links are placed, you can check the Advanced Settings checkbox and use Context to place the links. For example, using context would allow you to place the links only on articles that are tagged "News".
Save Social Share Settings
Click Save Share Settings.