Form Checkboxes, Radio Buttons & Select Lists
Checkboxes, radio buttons and select lists are all created from the 'Select' component type.
Note: you must enable the Forms bundle to use this feature.
Add Select Options Component
- Navigate to the webform you would like to edit, or create a new form.
- Click the Edit Webform tab.
- In Form Components, under the Label column enter a New component name.
- Under the Type column, choose Select options from the drop-down.
- Click Add.
Set Key-Value Pairs
The Options have to be set up as sets of key-value pairs. The value is displayed to the user and also comes to us in the submitted email.
The key is a unique identifier used by the system. It doesn’t affect us at all but it does need to be there. The key needs to be machine-safe, which means all lower case and no spaces. The easiest thing is to use numbers.
- Separate the key and the value with a pipe – a long vertical line. key1|value1
- 01|Undergraduate Student
- 02|Graduate Student
You may choose to use a pre-built list of options rather than entering options manually. The system comes with three pre-built options: Days of the Week, Countries and US States.
Note: Pre-built options will not be editable.
- Multiple/checkboxes: check Multiple if the user should be allowed to choose multiple values as checkboxes. Be sure that Listbox in the Display section is not checked.
- Radio buttons: make sure both Multiple and Listbox are not checked.
- Drop-down list (single selection): make sure Listbox is checked.
- Drop-down list (multiple selection): make sure both Multiple and Listbox are checked.
When you are done click Save component at the bottom.