A callout is a box of text or design that visually stands out from the main content text. It can be a quote, an image, or combination of text and images. Using the callout shortcode is a subtle way to highlight a specific snippet of information:
Demo: Callout Shortcode
- The callout is unique in its size as it's more asymmetrical than the box shortcode which is a standard 50% when floated right or left.
- The callouts come in medium (which is the default size), large and extra large.
- A callout will straddle the main content region and the sidebar region (when using the feature layout format). Since the feature layout format has sidebars disabled, using a callout shortcode allows content to spread over into the sidebar region.
Tip: You will find a list of shortcodes by clicking "More information about text formats" at the bottom right under the WYSIWYG editor.
Add Callout Shortcode
- Place your cursor in the Body content area where you want the callout to appear.
- Place your content between the beginning and ending callout tags.
Designate a Callout Size
It is easy to designate a size for your callout. Callouts some in three sizes: default (medium), large and extra large.
- Medium: [callout]Content[/callout]
- Large: [callout size="large"]Content[/callout]
- Extra large: [callout size="xlarge"]Content[/callout